History

Image
history_01_hero_1920px_2zu1.jpg

Our History

1950

WUKO Maschinenbau GmbH is founded as a contractor of components for air conditioning plants by Peter Wukovich, initially bearing the name of its founder

1954

Franz Bleyer joins the company. In the following years the constantly growing company is involved in many of the most prestigious building projects in Austria

1970

The company develops the first machine for its own use

1972

′WUKO′ is registered as a trademark; the company celebrates its exhibition debut

1973

First patent for WUKO Seam Hammer, many more are to follow

1982

WUKO exits the construction business and concentrates on the manufacture of machines.

1986

Peter Wukovich retires

1991

Lucia Hakala, daughter of Mr. Bleyer, joins the company

1992

Franz Bleyer retires; Pertti Hakala, son-in-law, joins the company as Managing Director

1993

Move from Vienna to Altmünster, Upper Austria

2002

'Peter Wukovich' is renamed 'WUKO Maschinenbau GmbH';
the company  moves to new production and office facilities in Oberweis/Laakirchen, Upper Austria

2002

The prototype of the WUKO Bender is presented at serveral exhibitions worldwide, immediately gaining public attention
Responding to high demand, WUKO keeps developing new Bender models to meet customers' needs

2005

The first WUKO Master is produced.

2006

Modernization of industrial machinery.

2014

WUKO Inc. is formed as a subsidiary in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

2021

WUKO Inc. moves to its own facility in Greensboro, NC